Options for Fixing Chipped Teeth
Finding a piece of your own tooth inside your mouth while you’re eating is a strange and unpleasant experience. Tooth enamel is incredibly tough, but it’s not invincible. Broken and chipped teeth can occur when you’re eating hard foods like ice or hard candy. It’s also easy to get a chipped tooth when you accidentally bite down on a fork or spoon. If you have some tooth decay, your teeth are even more vulnerable to damage. If you damage your tooth, don’t panic; just find an affordable dentist in Englewood.
A chipped tooth can be restored in the following ways:
- Your dentist may be able to repair a chipped tooth with a simple dental filling.
- Bonding is typically the method of repair when a front tooth is damaged. It’s a procedure where a tooth-colored resin is applied that blends in with the natural color of the tooth.
- A cap or crown may be the best solution for back teeth with extensive decay. Crowns are usually made from gold, porcelain resin, ceramic, or blended materials.
- Veneers are thin, custom-made shells of tooth-colored porcelain applied to a natural tooth’s surface; they completely cover the surface of the tooth.
- If your tooth is chipped enough to expose the pulp, a dentist or endodontist may need to perform a root canal. This procedure involves removing the tooth’s pulp and nerve, cleaning the canal, and then sealing it.
Should you chip a tooth, it’s important to see an affordable dentist as soon as possible. Until you can see your dentist, rinse your mouth with salt water and cover any jagged areas of the chipped tooth with dental wax to prevent cheek and lip injuries. Eat soft foods, and try not to chew with the broken tooth. A chipped tooth is vulnerable to further damage and infection, which could ultimately result in tooth loss.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Englewood, call Advanced Dental Care of Englewood today at (941) 548-1422 or make an appointment.
Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Englewood. With 21 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Advanced Dental Care of Englewood, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Advanced Dental Care of Englewood.