6 Reasons You Might Need Dental Crowns
If one of your teeth is damaged or no longer performs or looks as it should, your dentist in Englewood may recommend a dental crown. Dental crowns are artificial coverings that are cemented into place over the visible surfaces of your natural teeth. Types of dental crowns include gold, metal, porcelain, ceramic, and composite resin crowns. With crown restoration, you can enjoy a stable chewing surface, pain relief, and an attractive, natural-looking smile. Here are a few of the most common reasons you might need to get a dental crown.
- Your tooth has a large filling. If your tooth has a fracture or filled cavity that covers half its width or more, it is vulnerable to fracture and should be crowned. Some older fillings are replaced with crowns when they show signs of stress or damage.
- You’ve just had a root canal performed. A root canal treatment leaves your tooth hollow and predisposes it to fractures. All root canals should be restored with a dental crown immediately.
- You suffer from cracked tooth syndrome. Internal fractures can cause tooth pain when chewing. A crown holds the tooth together and prevents pain by redistributing mechanical stress throughout the tooth. A crown can effectively relieve symptoms and restore normal function.
- Your tooth has broken cusps. Trauma and large fillings may cause cusps to break. To prevent further damage to the tooth, a crown should be placed.
- You don’t like the way your teeth look. Crowns can give discolored, misshapen, or small teeth a more aesthetically pleasing and symmetrical appearance.
- You have missing teeth. Placing a crown is the final step in a tooth implant procedure. Crowns can also be used in the construction of dental bridges.
Ask Your Dentist About Dental Crowns or Caps
Your dentist can determine the best types of dental crowns for your teeth. Make an appointment today and enjoy fully restored, beautiful, and functional crowned teeth for the next 10 to 20 years.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Englewood, call Advanced Dental Care of Englewood today at (941) 548-1422 or make an appointment.
Advanced Dental Care offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Englewood. With 21 affiliated practices throughout Florida, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Advanced Dental Care of Englewood, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Advanced Dental Care of Englewood.